What is Yum? Yum is a automatic updater and package installer/remover for rpm systems like Linux operating systems. The software that will automatically finds what things should be updated or installed on your system packages. It is to make it easier to maintain a number of machines that has a computer dependencies.
Key Features of Yum 3.4.3
- Multiple repositories
- Simple config file
- Correct dependency calculation
- Fast operation
- rpm-consistent behavior
- comps.xml group support, including multiple repository group
- Simple interface
- Add check command
- Process –showduplicates for obsoletes (Eg. list obsoletes)
- Add version nogroups sub-command
- Make the “Requires missing” dep. failure text easier to read, and more informative.
- A few minor tweaks to repolist command, main: Now outputs number of excluded packages.
- Show script/error output in history
- Drop status, when just listing disabled/enabled repos. in repolist.
- Cross architect downgrades, now working
For the download link, click here.