Attach your TV to a wireless network to enjoy the Internet on your TV. The home wireless networks are popular for connecting laptops to the Internet, but can also be used to connect select HD, LED and LCD televisions that have are wireless compatible. A common task for building home entertainment centers is connecting your television to a computer using a wireless connection. Commercially available wireless adapters are required in order to connect your TV to a PC. Connect your TV to a home network, verify that your wireless router is working, insert a USB wireless adapter and program your TV’s network settings.
2. Insert a wireless LAN or Linkstick USB device into the TV’s USB port. The LinkStick is capable of receiving the wireless signal sent by the router.
3. Turn the TV on. Using the remote, select “Menu” and then “Setup.”
4. Select “Network” from the “Setup” menu options. From the “Network” menu, changing the “Network Type” to “Wireless.”
5. Select “Network Setting,” then”Select a Network.” Allow the TV a few minutes to detect all available wireless networks within range. Then select your network name from the list of all available networks.
6. Enter your network password or wireless encryption key using the TV remote. Allow the TV a few minutes to connect to the network.
7. Select “Return” to go back to the “Network” menu. Select “Test Network” to determine if the TV is properly receiving the wireless signal from the router.
Tips & Warnings
- If the TV does not detect the wireless network after testing the network, check to verify the Ethernet cable is properly connected.
- If the TV still does not detect the wireless network, unplug the TV and router for 30 seconds and then plug in the devices and test the network again.
- Instructions given are generic. Consult your TV’s owner’s manual for specific instructions. LinkStick is a product for Samsung television sets.