The Canon EOS 5D is a 12.8 megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera produced by Canon. This 5D DSLR is a medium-level, digital single-lens reflex camera. It offers the advantages of a digital camera, such as immediate preview, without the high price tag of more advanced models. Canon has several features built into the camera to assist users with shooting and photography techniques. The camera is a good fit for a beginning photographer, but more experienced users may be inconvenienced by its lack of sophisticated features. Stated below are the steps on how to set up your Canon EOS 5D DSLR camera. These instructional article is for you to be viewed at your convenience and learn how to use it. Check it now and follow the steps all the way!
Inserting the battery
- Remove the plastic battery cover
- Line up the battery front edge with the <-> indicator on the battery charger
- Flip out the outlet plug on the battery charger and plug it into a standard electrical outlet
- While charging, the charge indicator will blink red
- When charging is complete, the indicator will remain solid
- Open the battery compartment cover located on the bottom of the camera and insert the battery into the Canon EOS 5D
- Press the battery compartment cover until it snaps shut
- Remove the lens caps from the camera and lens
- Align the red dots located on the lens and front of the camera
- Turn the lens clockwise until it snaps into place
- Set the lens focus mode to AF (auto focus) as indicated by the lens focus mode switch located at the top of the lens.
Inserting the Compact Flash Card
- Find the compact flash card cover located on the right side of the camera, and slide it in the direction of the arrow until it pops open.
- Carefully insert the CF card into the slot with the label facing the back of the camera.
- Forcing the compact flash card into the slot may damage the compact card or camera.
- Close the compact flash card cover until it snaps shut.
Take a Picture
- Turn the switch to ON which is located beneath the LCD
- Locate the Mode Dial on the top of the camera and turn it to Auto Focus
- Aim the camera at your subject and press the shutter button halfway to allow the camera time to focus.
- Check the LCD panel or viewfinder to verify the Canon EOS 5D’s settings for this particular shot where the shutter speed and aperture values will be viewable.
- Press the shutter button down fully to capture the image.
Incoming search terms: