Developers of the Opera browser have just released its version 12.13 where it is the final build of the application for 2013. Opera covers the basics with tabbed browsing, mouse-over previews, a customizable search bar, advanced bookmarking tools, and simple integration with e-mail and chat clients. Opera Software has been released an update to the stable version of the browser that the company classifies as a security and stability update.
Opera 12.13 features a new auto-update checker that is part of the auto-update mechanism. Windows users benefit from a new search hijacking protection that Opera included in the new version of the browser. The program have been added to the updatechecker directory of the Opera installation.
General and User Interface
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com)
- Linux and Windows
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Arthur Gerkis;
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT Partners GVP Program;
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest;
Download Opera 12.13 for Windows here Download
Download Opera 12.13 for Linux here Download
Download Opera 12.13 for Mac here Download